Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Quad Idiot

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 08:55 PM
enforcer158
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quad Idiot

Aloha guys.

I just heard that another idiot quad pilot screwed up again. This is really making us law abiding pilots look bad.

I really wish that there is something that can be done to curb this foolishness. Maybe the retailers should be required to make the buyers fill out an FAA/AMA form before they can actually buy the quad, you know, just like if you were to buy a hand gun, fill out a registration form...minus the back ground check of course. Than we/they might be able to get a handle on this huge problem, it's only going to get worse.

Sorry guys, just venting my mind...

Mahalo & Sincerely,
Mike..
Old 02-07-2016, 04:19 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by enforcer158

Aloha guys.

I just heard that another idiot quad pilot screwed up again. This is really making us law abiding pilots look bad.

I really wish that there is something that can be done to curb this foolishness. Maybe the retailers should be required to make the buyers fill out an FAA/AMA form before they can actually buy the quad, you know, just like if you were to buy a hand gun, fill out a registration form...minus the back ground check of course. Than we/they might be able to get a handle on this huge problem, it's only going to get worse.

Sorry guys, just venting my mind...

Mahalo & Sincerely,
Mike..
Yes, because having responsible people fill out forms and getting background checks has really solved the gun violence problem.. Lets apply it to everything.

The solution is heavy prosecution of the existing laws to deter others,, I hope they make an example out of that fool.
Old 02-07-2016, 05:52 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The problem can be solved easily. Ban the sale of these things.
Old 02-07-2016, 06:10 AM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

Enforcer........What happened?
Old 02-07-2016, 06:26 AM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.rt.com/usa/331457-drone-empire-state-crash/
Old 02-07-2016, 07:14 AM
scale only 4 me

Originally Posted by TomCrump
The problem can be solved easily. Ban the sale of these things.
You'd have to ban the use,, guys can build them from scratch,,right?
Old 02-07-2016, 07:17 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As stated may times over, there are laws already on the books to charge these morons but have they? I don't remember reading any news article indicating as such. Now we have the FAA's supposed cure to the issue.
Well now,lets just see if this is more feel-good legislation or will they actually pursue this guy. What "drone" was he flying? When did he buy it? If it needed to be registered was it ? Will he be facing years in jail and a big fine ?
If more of these idiots were hit with hefty fines years ago and their stories were kept in the headlines we may not be facing this FAA nonsense now.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:19 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
You'd have to ban the use,, guys can build them from scratch,,right?

My feeling is that anybody smart enough to build one, is smart enough to fly it safely.The plug and play guys have little basic knowledge, and wouldn't want to be bothered with designing and building one.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:58 AM
enforcer158
My Feedback: (17)

Aloha guys.

This is the latest info regarding this idiot...

On February 5th, at roughly 8:00 pm, a New Jersey 27 Year old male was flying his drone taking pictures and crashed his drone into the 40th floor of the empire State building, the drone fell to the 35th floor and got stuck there. He was speaking to the security and told them he had lost control of the drone...Well, he got arrested for reckless endangering...
this is all the info that I have received so far...

Mahalo & Sincerely.
Mike.

Old 02-07-2016, 12:25 PM
scale only 4 me

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
As stated may times over, there are laws already on the books to charge these morons but have they? I don't remember reading any news article indicating as such. Now we have the FAA's supposed cure to the issue.
Well now,lets just see if this is more feel-good legislation or will they actually pursue this guy. What "drone" was he flying? When did he buy it? If it needed to be registered was it ? Will he be facing years in jail and a big fine ?
If more of these idiots were hit with hefty fines years ago and their stories were kept in the headlines we may not be facing this FAA nonsense now.
I totally agree,, every city has discretionary " Public endangerment" laws they can already enforce,, they just don't or we're not seeing it, The Federal Gov. isn't the answer for everything, Frankly they screw up more than the fix..
Old 02-07-2016, 04:04 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From the link above:
"He now faces charges of reckless endangerment, criminal mischief and illegally navigating an aircraft over the city, police said."