Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Radio and Clark board basic help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Radio and Clark board basic help

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 10:44 AM
dgsselkirk

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Radio and Clark board basic help

O.K. guys, I need some help. I can wire up Clark boards, hook up lights, speakers, recoils,… do all kinds of fabricating and modeling but radios are just a complete mystery to me. I thought I would buy 2 of the radios (Flysky i6S) that Clark recommends for the TK40’s. (and not Sbus please)Can someone steer me to, or supply with a simple, slow tutorial based on the assumption that I know nothing about programing a radio. I usually get one of the guys in the club to set it up for me but I don’t want to impose on their time to teach me when we are at meets for obvious reasons.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need to learn this ****e for sure, but just need someone to explain all the basic steps. Even just to take pics of the windows and walk me through the sequence so I can see what each screen should look like would be great!
And I'm sure it would help many other people too!
Old 03-18-2019, 12:06 PM
Markocaster

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am also not good at the radio portion of our hobby.
watching this post closely.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:11 PM
Dusty Steppes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you were using a 9x with Tanker9x firmware I could walk you through it. I am also watching this thread as at sometime I will be forced to upgrade to newer radios.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:39 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Hey, Dean, I went to YouTube and searched "programming the i6" and I got quite a few videos, including the one that I made. Mine won't do you much good, since it only covers the most basic programming, like Servo reversing and how to assign the pot to a specific channel for your volume control. Getting all those crazy Clark half stick commands assigned to a switch is beyond me, too, so I'll also be watching this thread to see if I can learn anything. Most of the videos at YouTube are for aircraft, but they should still have some good tips on how to mix stuff for switches.
Old 03-19-2019, 11:23 AM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

Sorry to hijack the thread, Dean whats your website. Someomw told me you make footman loops.
Old 03-19-2019, 12:29 PM
dgsselkirk

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks for the help guys, I will keep struggling with it!

Rich, website is https://dgsselkirk.wixsite.com/dgsmilitaryhobby
Old 03-20-2019, 01:15 AM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Dusty Steppes
If you were using a 9x with Tanker9x firmware I could walk you through it. I am also watching this thread as at sometime I will be forced to upgrade to newer radios.
That radio is awesome and there is absolute no need to upgrade to newer radios. What you have to do is to update the software on it. Er9x Home Page.
And maybe to get a multiprotocol module, that will make your radio compatible with every brand out there.
But the software update in the radio is a must.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:19 AM
Shorty54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rad_Schuhart
That radio is awesome and there is absolute no need to upgrade to newer radios. What you have to do is to update the software on it. Er9x Home Page.
And maybe to get a multiprotocol module, that will make your radio compatible with every brand out there.
But the software update in the radio is a must.
PM Sent

Shad