Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > KingTech Turbines International
Reload this Page >

Need help, unable to reach full thrust on K310

Community
Search
Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

Need help, unable to reach full thrust on K310

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 06:12 PM
Arfang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help, unable to reach full thrust on K310

Hi all,

I installed a K310 on a test bench. I use a Turnigy servo tester as a throttle. The GSU and servo tester are approximately 3ft away from the ECU. I replaced the battery cables with thicker gauge, when connected the voltage reading on the touchscreen match the actual battery voltage.

I went through the 'learn RC' procedure. After that, when I turn the tester knob, the screen indicates idle and then the thust (throttle) percentage depending on the knob position.

However, when turning the servo tester to the full RPM position, I only get 83 percent indicated throttle on the screen instead of the expected 100. I replaced the servo wires (servo tester to ECU and ECU to GSU) with bigger gauge wires but it doesn't help.

Note that I made these tests without connecting the engine to the ECU. It should not be important since the signal from the throttle to the ECU is the only issue here it seems. Since there's no drop in voltage, the signal from the servo tester to the ECU must be the problem.

I think about using a booster extension cable, after the servo cable, before the ECU. Also maybe a second to the GSU screen. What do you think?

Any help or comments are appreciated.
Old 10-17-2018, 04:27 AM
Tluu
My Feedback: (85)

Default K310

Hi, You might want to check on the turnigy servo tester. I had a couple of those tester not being accurate. I used one to set up the elevator on my jet with the jr 8711 and it was twitching like crazy, but it was fine when I had it on a receiver. Hope this help.
Old 10-17-2018, 04:51 AM
rcflyguy_26
My Feedback: (8)

Yes, ditch that tester.

just hook up a rec and set it up like normal.
Old 10-17-2018, 05:09 AM
Arfang

Thanks for your replies

The servo tester was working fine until I connected it to the ECU using several extension cables instead of the the standard 6' servo cable. The indicated thrust setting on the display accurately matched the knob position without a problem.

Also, I'm unable to use a 'standard' RC setup, the throttle needs to be mounted on the same mounting plate as the GSU. Maybe could you recommend me another servo tester?